We’ve been writing and producing music for over 20 years. We’ve experienced the music business from many different vantage points: record label, music publisher, indie artist, major label artist, composer-for-hire. We’ve seen the industry thrive, struggle, shrink, adapt, and start to recover; and we’re still going strong.
- We were called “Canada’s top black label” by UK’s Blues & Soul Magazine back in the early 90s. Not bad for a bunch of white guys.
- We were the “go-to” remixers in Canada through the 90s, producing hits for Bif Naked, Econoline Crush, The Philosopher Kings, Kim Stockwood and many more.
- We became pop stars in 1999 when our album “Boomtang Boys – Greatest Hits Vol. 1″ went Gold.
- We’ve won a Juno Award, a MuchMusic Video Award, a Canadian Radio Music Award, a Canadian Urban Music Award, and a couple of Canadian Smooth Jazz Awards.
- We regularly tour as internationally-respected contemporary jazz group Four80East.
- In the late 2000s we branched out into TV and film work, and have been working steadily in that field.
We still love producing records. We’ve got a great studio right in the heart of Leslieville, and some great ears to go with it. So give us a call to discuss your project, or drop by sometime. We’ll have the coffee on.